Back in 1976, the community members of Plantersville and Stoneham decided they needed a fire department. They held a community meeting at the Masonic Lodge here in Plantersville. Officers were elected the same night. President Bill Lightsey, Vice President Bob Price, Treasurer Henry Botkin, Secretary Bobby Fuchs, Fire Chief Harold Webster and Fire Marshal Chris Siracusa. Directors were also elected that night; Bill Lightsey, Bob Price, Henry Botkin, Bobby Fuchs, Chris Siracusa, Robert Holt, Ann Merdian, Joe Imhoff and Frank Gabriel. Once the leaders of the brand new Plantersville-Stoneham Volunteer Fire Department was established, the next item of business was completing an application with Texas Forestry Service for a 4 wheel drive fully equipped fire truck for $5000. The 1st Plantersville-Stoneham VFD Fundraiser was held on April 21,1977 at our first station (which was just a carport down the road from the Post Office). Despite heavy rainfall, they raised $1500 with Bar-B-Que and food sales. There were no cellphones or internet back then so they advertised the only way they knew how. They used CB radios to help attack tourist that were traveling through the area via SH 105. On October 26,1977, a Board of Trustees were elected; Joe Imhoff, Ford Allphin, Bob Price, Dan Stephenson and Herny Botkin. This group signed a document to permit the fire department to use the land uptown in Plantersville across from the Baptist church for the station, the land is still currently our fire station. Many years, bazaars, fires and faces have come and gone: but 43 years later, We Still Stand Strong, Respond to the needs of others and have dedicated firefighters that love their community and are willing to risk their lives to save another. Even though fires have changed as well as the techniques to extinguish them, our fire department has evolved to become one of the finest ALL volunteer fire departments in Grimes County.